Just like high schools, we now have an official, district-sponsored organization called the Middle School Athletic League (MSAL). Our students are able to compete against other schools within the Mesa League, which is one of two leagues that exist under the MSAL. These are the “official” school teams, and should not be confused with the school intramural programs.
Rancho del Rey Middle School Athletics will adhere to the six core principles of Pursuing Victory with Honor: Caring, Citizenship, Fairness, Respect, Responsibility, and Trustworthiness. In addition, we will instill good sportsmanship, promote leadership and independence on and off the field, require dedication and hard work, and our teams will seek to be competitive at all levels. In order to play sports at RDM a student must maintain a minimum of a 2.0 GPA in academics and citizenship grades.
Online clearance system is opened at the beginning of the school year for all sports. All incoming and returning student-athletes are REQUIRED to have online consents completed as part of the clearance process. Here are the basic steps to follow when registering your athlete for the first time:
NO physical tests are needed for middle school athletes.
- Click on the start/complete registration. Please carefully read these Terms and Conditions of Use. You must respond to the question at the end of this page in order to continue.
- Select Rancho del Rey Middle school.
- Click on the athlete button and add a new athlete. Enter the information.
- Click on the the year and sport button. Select year and sport. Confirm information is correct.
- Click on guardian information button. Enter information and select save.
- Click on the insurance button and enter information and select save.
- Click on medical information button. Enter information and select save.
- Make sure to read message about multiple registrations before proceeding. Read and complete all electronic documents by selecting “I agree”.
- Complete guardian e-signature
- Complete student e-signature.
- Make sure checklist is completed and print certificate of completion for your records.
- Finally, under registration summary print a copy of the registration profile and add a wet-ink signature from both the parent and student, and take it to room 805 for approval by the Athletic Director.
If you do not have insurance, a low cost ‘student accident coverage’ may be purchased using the following district approved coverage provider. Please note that ‘School Time Accident Plan’ for as low as $53 will provide the coverage your child needs to participate in our athletic program.
2023 – 24 Middle School Athletic League Schedule:
Please click on the link to the right for specific sport tryout information
|Girls Basketball, Boys Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Cross-Country, and Cheer
|Boys and Girls Soccer
Start of Regular season games
Play-offs and Championship games
|Football, Field Hockey, Boys & Girls Volleyball and Track & Field
Start of Regular season games