Just like high schools, we now have an official, district-sponsored organization called the Middle School Athletic League (MSAL). Our students are able to compete against other schools within the Mesa League, which is one of two leagues that exist under the MSAL. These are the “official” school teams, and should not be confused with the school intramural programs.
Rancho del Rey Middle School Athletics will adhere to the six core principles of Pursuing Victory with Honor: Caring, Citizenship, Fairness, Respect, Responsibility, and Trustworthiness. In addition, we will instill good sportsmanship, promote leadership and independence on and off the field, require dedication and hard work, and our teams will seek to be competitive at all levels. In order to play sports at RDM a student must maintain a minimum of a 2.0 gpa in academics and citizenship grades.
All incoming and returning student-athletes are REQUIRED to have online consents completed as part of the clearance process. Here are the basic steps to follow when registering your athlete for the first time:
- Go to ranchodelreyroyals.com
- Add a new athlete: The next step is to add an athlete. You can do so by clicking the “My Athletes” tab on the left-hand side of the page or by clicking “Add Athlete” underneath the “My Athletes” tab. This only needs to be done once during your athlete’s entire career at a school. The information entered here will carry over from year to year. This information includes your athlete’s contact information and medical information.
- The athlete’s profile: After you’ve created your athlete, you will be brought to their Profile page. This page is a summary of their info and involvement.
- Register for a sport: Click the icon “+Register For A Sport” to begin registration. You will be asked to choose which sport your athlete is registering for.
- Your registration checklist: This page shows the status of your athlete’s registration. You will be asked to complete several steps to complete registration including agreeing to consent forms and other documents.
NEXT STEPS ARE VERY IMPORTANT
After completing your registration, you must PRINT your athlete profile, SIGN, and RETURN the summary form to Mr. Ruiz-Barrientos room 1003.
Below is an example of the steps to completing this process in your account.
Step #1: Select ‘Print Athlete Profile’
Step #2: Next. Check all boxes and select Print
Step #3: Remember to Sign-Date-Return
If you do not have insurance, a low cost ‘student accident coverage’ may be purchased using the following district approved coverage provider. Please note that ‘School Time Accident Plan’ for as low as $53 will provide the coverage your child needs to participate in our athletic program.
Currently the sports we offer are as follows:
Clearances begin – 8/1/16
Co-ed Flag Football, Fast Pitch Softball, Baseball, Cross Country
Clearances begin- 8/1/16
Boy’s and Girl’s Soccer, Boy’s and Girl’s Basketball
Spring Season (March- May)
Clearances begin – 8/1/16
Try-Outs- Wednesday March 8 thru Friday March 10 from 3:00-5:30pm; they may extend to Saturday March 11 time TBD in the morning.
Questions? Contact the athletic director at firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 397-2500.