Rancho Del Rey Middle School (RDM) provides students with four semesters (two years) of General Science. The program is following the SUHSD course guide based on the Next Generation Science Standards which include Science and Engineering practices, Disciplinary Core Ideas and Crosscutting Concepts.
In 7th grade students learn about:
• Matter, properties and interactions Energy flow in plants/animals
• Ecosystems, interdependency and cycles of matter
• Earth’s Systems: Rock Cycle, plate tectonics, land formation
• Earth and Human Activity: Natural resources and disasters
• Engineering Design
In 8th grade student learn about:
• Formation of the Earth and Solar System
• Energy in the solar System
• Energy and Waves
• Diversity of Life on Earth (Genetics)
• Evolution of Life on Earth
The science team includes:
7th grade: Mrs. Fiorica, Mr. Mazzone, Mrs. Sayatovich, Ms. Tanis, and Mrs. Tu
8th grade – Mr. Anderson, Ms. Burner, Mrs. Castillo , Mr. Osuna, and Mrs. Walker, and Mr. White.