There will be a PTSO meeting tonight at 6 pm at Rancho del Rey. Don’t forget the PTSO is the best way to stay involved with your school and your participation supports student programs!
Stop by Bubba’s Smokehouse located at 2110 Birch Road from 4-9 pm on Wednesday October 17th and support the RDR PTSO Dine Out event. Please bring a copy of the flyer below and RDR PTSO will get a percent of the proceeds.
Picture retake day is coming on Wednesday Sept. 5th.
Absent on picture day? You can still order with the picture day ID CK928248Y1 @ mylifetouch.com
Want us to retake your picture? Simply return your original package on Picture Retake Day in the CAC during HPWB, Nutrition Break or lunch.
Rancho del Rey Middle School will be having Open House on August 16th from 6:00-7:40 pm. The ASB, student clubs and Kona Ice will be selling school gear and various food and drink items during open house. Profits will go to support the school and/or club.
There will also be Parent Jupiter training’s before open house in the CAC:
Session 1: 5:00-5:15
Session 2: 5:25-5:40
Please click on the links below to view the parent letter, open house schedule and parking map.
Picture Day is Tuesday August 7th and Wednesday August 8th during HPWB classes. Your student should be bringing home an order form. You may order online at mylifetouch.com PICTURE DAY ID: CK928248Y0. If you do not order online, please fill out the form completely, enclose EXACT payment and return with your student on their picture day. Checks payable to Lifetouch.
Below is the iPad distribution schedule. Students must have the iPad agreement form (linked below) completed and ready to turn in the day of distribution. iPads will be issued during the students science class.
7th grade: July 24th and 25th
8th grade: July 25th and 26th
Using iPads at Home
1) Your student first needs to log into your WiFi at home using your own router’s username and password.
2) Then they need to click on the iBoss app and login using their student ID and 8-digit birthdate.
3) If it works, they’ll be redirected to the Sweetwater district website. From there, they won’t be able to use Google just yet (which we’re working on), but they should be able to do searches through Yahoo search or Bing, as well as use other apps that require the Internet. They should also be able to use any website BUT Google.
If you’re encountering issues and can’t submit an assignment from home, then I suggest that your student do the work at home and then submit it when they get to school. Alternatively, if you have a computer at home, they can also submit that way.
iPad Information from our BLS
Students receive their iPads the week of July 23 if they brought their iPad user agreement to school. If they didn’t, they’ll have to wait until Monday, July 30, to get their iPad.
In order for all students’ iPads to be properly set up, each of your student’s teachers will help set up different apps and accounts on their iPad. The main apps that they’ll be using are Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Docs, Gmail, Google Classroom, Notability, Achieve 3000, and Desmos. Various teachers will have subject-specific apps, but these are the main ones used by most students.
There will be future training’s to help you navigate not only their iPad, but also important programs such as Jupitered. Please check back for future dates and times.
Students are required to use the iPads properly according to the Rancho Del Rey Student iPad Usage Policy in order to avoid consequences and having their iPad confiscated. We encourage you to carefully read the entire policy to avoid misunderstandings. It also offers tips on how to keep your student safe with their device.
It’s also important that the iPad and its accessories (such as chargers) ONLY be used by the student for which it is assigned. This is an educational tool that is necessary for the success of your student, so we caution against letting siblings or other family members use it.
If your student has technical or hardware issues with the iPad, they need to take their iPad to the library for troubleshooting. If they need assistance with using apps on the iPad, they can email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. For immediate help, they can visit the Genius Bar with Mr. Castaneda in room 601 during 8th grade Advisory.
Hello future Royals and welcome to Rancho del Rey Middle School!
Please note students will not dress for HPWB until the end of the second week of school. There is plenty of time to order. All orders will be available for pickup/distribution on or after the first day of school.
ASB purchasing options: NOTE: WE ARE SOLD OUT OF YOUTH LARGE SHORTS AND SHIRTS. THEY WILL BE BACK IN STOCK NEXT WEEK.
- Online Web Store sales start July 17th at www.royalswebstore.com (Google Browser is best). Note student ID numbers will be needed for online ordering. If you do not know your student ID number, temp ID cards will be given at orientation or on the schedules given on the first day of school. All orders will be distributed on or after the first day of school. Students should bring their email confirmation to the ASB for pick up. If you haven’t received your email confirmation after 48 hours please check your junk email. If you still do not have it your student may stop by the ASB and we can see if its been processed in the system. If it has they will receive their item(s).
- In person ASB student store will begin July 23rd during school hours. Cash, credit/debit accepted. NO CHECKS.
The ASB store is experiencing some technical difficulties and on site credit/debit sales are very limited. As soon as the situation is resolved you will be notified. As a reminder, you can still order online (google browser is best) and have your student pick up the items when they stop by with their HPWB classes. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
Below you will find links to the 2018-19 ASB Summer Letter and ASB Store Order Form.